The Dominion is one of our country's largest property and casualty insurance companies, committed to providing high quality home, automobile and business insurance products and services.
At the heart of our success is a focus on our policyholder, demonstrated through professional independent advice, fast and efficient service, flexible products and, in the event that you unfortunately have a claim, quick, fair settlements. This approach has earned The Dominion the trust and respect of policyholders across Canada.
On November 1, 2013, The Dominion became part of Travelers Canada.
We offer an environment that encourages the pursuit of personal and professional success. We acknowledge and reward talent, and support our employees in achieving and exceeding organizational and individual goals. In addition to a performance-based compensation system, we offer a competitive and flexible benefits package, including a generous company-sponsored pension plan.
We also offer:
- equitable employment practices
- an internal job posting system
- full reimbursement and loans for approved continued education
- time off for study
- company-sponsored seminars and conferences
- financial support for social activities and events
- business casual dress code
Our Work Environment
The Dominion is large enough to provide a stimulating work environment with the opportunity for personal development, while, at the same time, small enough to enable you to see the impact of your personal contribution.
Our environment includes:
- an open door policy
- open communication, where information is shared
- encouragement to challenge ideas, while thinking and acting as a team
- recognition of individual contributions
What kind of person fits in well?
- flexible people, who like to participate in a variety of projects and perform well whether working alone or on a team
- people who enjoy the opportunity to have a lasting impact on the company and the business
- people who want to take responsibility and be accountable for their work